Pages

  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This or That

I (Kat) found this FUN game when I was 'Blog Surfing' earlier. I found it from Kristen at The Report Studio and love it! I'd love for you guys to complete it as well and share with us your thoughts!! Read on to see what Danielle and I have to say:





Kat's Answers:


FASHION:
1. Tribal or Aztec? If you asked me a few months ago, I def would have said Tribal with all of the feathers, etc., but recently I've really been into the whole Aztec/patterned look.  

2. Girly or boho? I'm probably more Boho. I generally don't wear florals, corals, or 'girly looks'. That is definitely more of Danielle's style. I like the whole Boho chic type of feel with oversized tops and stuff. 


3. Floral or paisley? LOL! Just answered this. Again, I'm probably more Paisley and Danielle is more floral. Not that I don't really like floral pieces - I always love them when Danielle has them on, but for some reason I just don't wear them that often. Guess it's time for me to go shopping on the Summer sales for some floral stuff!


4. Chunky or single bracelet? Chunky!  Hello arm party trend!!


5. Layered or single necklace? Hmm... I'd say single unless you are Michelle Money and totally have the necklace layering trend down to a Science. But, generally I think that one necklace, especially a statement one, is all that is needed.


6. Nude pumps or red heels? Nude, Nude, Nude, Nude! The nude heel trend is my absolute favorite thing that has happened to fashion since the jegging. Seriously.

MAKEUP:
7. Voluminous or lengthening mascara? Well, I use Latisse, so my lashes already have length, so I look for volume. I just stared using Chanel Inimitable, which is the first mascara I actually love. Although, maybe it's just the Latisse finally working? Who knoes. 

8. Smashbox or NARS?  
MAC? haha. I'm the simplest person when it comes to makeup. I've always been a MAC girl and probably always will be.



9. Foundation or tinted moisturizer?
 Tinted Moisturizer. Again, for me, less is more.

10. Cream blush or benetint?
 Neither, I prefer a powder blush.


11. Liquid liner or gel liner? Liquid. I love, love, love the look of liquid eyeliner if done correctly. Which mine is.... at least 1/2 of the time! LOL

12. Highlighting or contour? 
 Highlighting but I would love to really learn to contour correctly.


13. Sephora or Ulta? Sephora. I haven't loved the selection at our Ulta lately. 


14. CVS or Walgreens? I used to work at CVS, so I gotta go with the Big Red!


15. Touch up stick or liquid concealer? Liquid Concealer, but only done correctly without the cake face.


16. Tanning mousse or tanning bed? News Flash: Tanning beds are not good for you. There are so many healthy ways to get a tan and so many great products to give you a glow, it is not necessary to go in the beds. Some of my favorites are the Jergens Natural Glow and Loreal Sublime Bronze.




HAIR:
17. Feathers or no feathers? Feathers. I'm trendy so I'm into them.


18. Curling wand or curling iron? Curling wand. I was literally never able to make my hair look they way I wanted it to until the wand. I couldn't live without mine. I have the Jose Eber and it is phenomenal. 


19. Flat iron or blow dryer? Blow Dry. I rarely flat iron my hair just because it is already straight and I don't want the extra heat damage. 


20. Messy bun or ponytail? Ponytail. 

21. Braid or fishtail? Braid fosho!

Fill one out yourself and hit us back with your answers - we would love for you to link us in your post!! :) :)

Blessings,

Kat


Danielle's Answers:

FASHION:
1. Tribal or Aztec? Both! I love the tribal look, but I will also be happy to rock a cute aztec shirt or dress!! 

2. Girly or boho? GIRLY! I am such a girly-girl. Pink, sparkles, you name it! Like Kat said, she does better with the boho look.  At times I'll try to wear more boho outfits but somehow I always end up adding a little accessory that makes it look girly. It's who I am I guess, LOL.

3. Floral or paisley? Hmm... I definitely go for a lot of floral, bright patterns. I do love paisley dresses, however!! 

4. Chunky or single bracelet? Chunky all the way! The more the merrier!

5. Layered or single necklace? I like layering! Michelle Money definitely has it down to a science, but I love layering this dainty cross necklace I have with a bigger piece. 

6. Nude pumps or red heels? I do love me some nude pumps! BUT... I have been on a mission for awhile now to get me some patent RED heels! Move over, nudes!


MAKEUP:
7. Voluminous or lengthening mascara? Voluminous! Kat is a mascara snob (LOL) and always tries the pricier ones. I, however, am never opposed to my $7 drugstore brands! Right now I am all about the Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. Comes with a thick brush, my fave!

8. Smashbox or NARS?   NARS. I love their blushes!! Orgasm and Sin are my favorite colors!

9. Foundation or tinted moisturizer?  I use a tinted moisturizer all year long and set it with powder.

10. Cream blush or benetint?  Powder!! Neither of those.

11. Liquid liner or gel liner? Umm, pencil?! I cannot get the liquid liner to look good on me. I am forever loyal to my MAC engraved pencil liner.

12. Highlighting or contour?  Highlighting!

13. Sephora or Ulta? BOTH! Cannot choose one. I go to ULTA for their drugstore brands, cheap nail polish and I go to Sephora for my pricier makeup.

14. CVS or Walgreens? CVS beauty club all the way!!! If you haven't joined yet, dooo it! $5 towards every $50 beauty purchase made.

15. Touch up stick or liquid concealer? Touch up stick - for those blemishes and dark under-eye circles we all dread!

16. Tanning mousse or tanning bed? Tanning mousse! I am in LOVE with pur minerals "get a little" self-tanner! Order it here for only $22.50.

HAIR:
17. Feathers or no feathers? Feathers! We should have a feather party...

18. Curling wand or curling iron? "Curling wand. I was literally never able to make my hair look they way I wanted it to until the wand. I couldn't live without mine. I have the Jose Eber and it is phenomenal." -- I second what Kat said!!

19. Flat iron or blow dryer? Flat iron, love my Sultra Seductress!!

20. Messy bun or ponytail? Neat, pulled back bun! :)

21. Braid or fishtail? Fishtail all the way!!

So know that you guys see how different Kat and I are (opposite bffs all the way) ... we would love to hear your responses!!! Copy and paste on your page and link below, or just copy and paste into a comment!

XO, Danielle


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried out the L'oreal Sublime Bronzer and it was splotchy the morning after I applied it!? Any tips?

Mary and Dyer said...

Yeah...that's the tricky thing about self-tanners :/. I like the Jergens Healthy Glow a little better because it is more of an everyday lotion that builds up color and doesn't give you that streaky look - especially if you are someone that does it in a rush.

As far as something like the Loreal, I always do it at night - shower first and exfoliate really well in the shower. Then I make sure I'm completely dry, put a little, little bit of lotion on dry spots (wrists, knees, elbows) and then really take care to make sure I'm applying evenly and rubbing the product all the way in. Then I walk around naked for probably 15 minutes or so to make sure my clothes don't take off any of the product - lol!

Another tip is to mix the Loreal Sublime Bronze Gel with a lotion. It is so, so important to get a lotion WITHOUT mineral oil. Most lotions have this as their main ingredient - (I think Jergens Natural doesn't have it). Mix the gel with a little lotion and you are guaranteed even application!

But, if you didn't like the Loreal I would def try the Jergens Natural Glow. It builds up color to give you a nice glow without being strong enough to be streaky.

Hope this helps!! :) Maybe I'll do a YouTube video about it?!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you - Thanks for the comments! xoxox